Monday, September 26, 2016

Focus on Fusing......2 Color Simple Block Composition



I am enrolled in Melody Johnson's







This weeks assignment from Melody:

Design or choose a simple block, using two colors (you may use multiple values of the same color) and make it in small, medium and large, and use it in a composition. 




I chose my 2 colors....

Black and White







I found a few black and white batiks that may 

get incorporated into this composition along 

with my own hand dyes.














Here are my simple blocks in 3 sizes...







I started cutting more squares in all sizes...







Adding more white lines...







I am happy with this composition...

it needs more.






The fused strip on the right works...







Opposite Blocks...

White Blocks with Black Strips







The white blocks add lots of excitement...







Time to add some batiks...

The gray batik softens the composition.

The circles balance out all of the lines.







Black and White Batik on bottom border...






Black Batik on top border...




 Completed Quilt Composition:


The curvy edge treatment helps to

soften up all of the straight lines.











Thanks Melody for a fun assignment!










I will post my homework 

as I complete it each week.




Every Friday Melody posts a 

new homework assignment.


 Melody is offering this as a FREE online class!



CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi



8 comments:

  1. I like this! It's so interesting to see your progress with this project! You should be pleased with this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many Thanks ES for your very kind comments. Yes, I am pleased.
    My Best To You,
    LuAnn in Oregon

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out wonderful!!!!! Very,very nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have a wonderful sense of line and design. Thanks for sharing all the steps that go into your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it with the border, just as you made it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many thanks for all of your lovely and supportive comments. I am learning lots about design and color in this class and hope to learn lots more!

    My Best To You,
    LuAnn

    ReplyDelete